Time is running out on HCTC

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Time is running out on HCTC

Postby bdbutterfield » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:39 pm

Legislative Action Network has an Action Alert to let your elected officials know that Time is running out for them to extend HCTC for 2022. This is a Health Coverage Tax Credit for Americans age 55-64 who pension was turned over to PBGC.

Please go to their website(link below) and use the action alert to contact all your representative ASAP

https://nrln.org/legislative-action-network/#/132

Below is the text of the letter:

Time is running out for the 117th Congress to pass legislation to make permanent, or at least reauthorize, the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) which helps Americans, age 55-64, cover the cost of health insurance if they are retired and their pensions have been taken over by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), or if their job was outsourced abroad and they qualify for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA).

S.3393, Permanently Extend the Health Coverage Tax Credit, was introduced on December 20, 2021 and is still an active bill which should be immediately passed or included in a bill that is expected to pass by the end of the year, such as an omnibus spending bill.

Unless HCTC is made permanent, or at least reauthorized, thousands of retirees will lose health insurance coverage through no fault of their own. Currently HCTC reimburses 72.5% of health insurance costs. S.3383 should be amended to increase reimbursement to 80% as included in an HCTC bill in the House.

I want to hear from you that you will urge you Senate colleagues to pass legislation to make HCTC permanent, or at least reauthorize it.
bdbutterfield

Re: Time is running out on HCTC

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:50 pm

I sent a couple of letters to Michael Bennet (senator from Colorado).

I received form letters back. It was clear the idiot who responded for him didn't have a clue about the HCTC.

Now that Bennet was won another 6 year term, don't expect much from him.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Time is running out on HCTC

Postby sgaeth » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:13 pm

This is the response I received from my State Representative.
"The Health Coverage Tax Credit (not the Premium Tax Credit) expired at the end of 2021, so a taxpayer isn’t able to claim this credit for the 2022 tax year.

As for the bill (S. 3393), I don’t anticipate it passing this Congress, but whether it gets tucked into a year-end package (omnibus or tax, combined), who knows."

The bill did not get passed at the end of 2022.
sgaeth

Return to Healthcare