Kennedy is leaving

Have something general to talk about? This is the place.

Kennedy is leaving

Postby dhdarden » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Here's one of several stories covering this news.

http://www.nojitter.com/post/240172828/ ... cy-process

In Kevin's 12 or so years as a CEO (4 with JDS Uniphase and the last 8 with AVAYA), he never signed an annual report that posted a profit!!! Think about that for a minute - in this era of "pay for performance".

It's amazing to me that he was able to command CEO compensation for that long and yet never move the companies he led to be or become profitable.

And he also authored several books including "Going the Distance: Why Some Companies Dominate and Others Fail". Here's my favorite review of that book from Amazon.com:

"If Kevin Kennedy leads like he writes, he must have been one of the most mediocre executives at Cisco. This book is a hair-ball of rambling thoughts and jingo-isms and its assertions are neither clear nor connected in any manner that demonstrates business acumen. I suspect this is one of those vanity books that masquerade as a business book. In the alternative, consider leadership books by Jack Welch, Larry Bossidy, and Rudy Guiliani. Whoever edited this book should be sent back to community college to read Strunk & White 'elements of style' on the merits of clear, concise and declarative writing. In this effort, I am afraid the English language was Mr. Kennedy's enemy, not his friend."

He obviously did not have the magic "Going the Distance" formula for AVAYA.

Dan Darden
dhdarden

Return to Just Chatting