AvayaRetirees.org might be going away

Have something general to talk about? This is the place.

Re: AvayaRetirees.org might be going away

Postby Ckweston » Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Terry

I would say collect how you think is appropriate, PayPal works. You set the fee and tell us. This sight has provided far more than just the bankruptcy support. I really don't think a Facebook is appropriate.
Ckweston

Postby pbodwell » Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 pm

I think the bankruptcy brought a lot of attention to the site. I didn't know if existed before this. I would like to see it keep going as it is good information. At least until the bankruptcy is over and we know what is happening. Thanks for funding it and getting it started.
pbodwell

Postby grifflegail » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 pm

I would like to thank Vern and any other person who has been involved with this web page for the last several years. You are much appreciated and the information that you provide for us all, plus the ability for us all to connect in one place is wonderful. I am willing to chip in to help cover the costs to maintain this valuable resource. Ok, maybe it isn't as busy other times as now with this hideous bankruptcy, but I know that I will continue to visit and contribute thoughts beyond this subject and point in time. Please keep it running if you can, Vern. I would have been truly lost without this great place to share, to vent, to share ideas. Let us know how we can make it possible. I will chip in to help with costs.

Thanks so much,
Gail
grifflegail

Postby CoolKirk » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Let us know costs and I would like to help if I can.
Kirk
CoolKirk

Postby wjblazek » Wed May 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Ditto to all the above!
I only rarely post but read most posts and find many posts very helpful.
I don't use Paypal or FB but definitely willing to contribute to keeping it up.
At least for another year or so till the bankruptcy process is complete.
Thanks for providing and maintaining all these years.
Bill Blazek
Last edited by wjblazek on Wed May 10, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjblazek

Postby JoeB » Wed May 10, 2017 10:57 pm

I think the site is a good source of information, especially given the current situation. I would understand if you choose to go a different route, such as a Facebook group, but right now is a good time to keep the site active. I also would like if you'd share information about how much this costs, so maybe those of us who find it valuable could help you with them.

Joe Brooks
JoeB

Postby Doncski » Thu May 11, 2017 5:14 am

Well prior to the bankruptcy there wasn't much to talk about nor many connections made between many of us. Going forward it might be a different story because of soo many of us talking back and forth. I agree it should certainly be left up until the bankruptcy settlement/judgement date. Who knows what it will be and perhap we may need to reach out to others afterwards.
I am sure that all of us appreciate all the time and effort you took up to now and asking you to continue is a bit selfish? of us. I know I certainly appreciated all the information this has provided I, myself, would like to see it continue to see if there is usefulness afterwards or will it die out on its own.

There is one thing that I would like to ask now. I was reading that some of you worked at the Holmdel Labs location. I have to ask if any of you ever visited that little unmarked bar on RT34 called Ralphs. It was a smaller ranch style house that once sold gas because it still had the old 1930 style abandoned pumps out front. I sat pretty close to the road and one would only really know of the place if someone told you about it because I don't recall any signage to tell you what this place was. THE BURGERS THERE WHERE OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Firstly they were hugh! They would overflow over the roll and most people didn't finish it. (I never had that problem) But they were the tastiest thing you ever wanted in a burger. Just delicious and not just my opinion. Everyone loved them. My wife and I use those burger as benchmark for a good burger and after 33 years since being there, we have found nothing that comes even close.
So I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the establishment? I know it closed and was sold via a little "For Sale" sign posted in the window but did anyone know the owners and what happened to them? CAN I FIND THEIR BURGERS? I don't think that is possible but I thought that I would try and , if anything, I would like to reminisce with someone who has been there.
Doncski

Postby Gmaurin » Thu May 11, 2017 6:38 am

Thought site was very helpful hope it can remain open
Gmaurin

Postby Lisam » Thu May 11, 2017 8:39 am

Dave, if your willing, then give us your Paypal and I for one will contribute to keep this site running.
Lisam

Postby janetequigley » Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 am

I also would like to see the site remaining up due to the bankruptcy. I read all of the post and have received some excellent guidance from other people on this site. I would also be happy to help fund the site just let us know the PayPal information or process to contribute.
janetequigley

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting