Question I would like to ask Trump

This is the place to talk politics.

Question I would like to ask Trump

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:08 am

First of all, don't assume I agree or disagree with Trump about his statements around Muslims.

Having said that, I would love to hear is answer on this.

I understand you want to ban all non American Muslims from entering the US. What is your opinion of non American Muslims who work for technology companies outside the US and are writing the core software for things such as communications in the White House, IRS, aircraft carriers, police stations?

Dave
Dave

Re: Question I would like to ask Trump

Postby ttatgenhorst » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:51 pm

The Chinese have already answered this question in reverse. Following some of the recent national security breakdowns, i.e. Snowden, and U.S. spying revelations by the NSA, the Chinese sharply curtailed purchases of U.S. technology. They were concerned about the U.S. imbedding some code in Cisco"s switches. Haven't read anything recently, but I know that Cisco took a major hit a year or two ago. The fact remains that our society is extremely vulnerable to attack. We all saw the chaos a San Bernadino health inspector and his wife could cause. If it was me, I would hijack a gasoline tanker with 10,000 gallons of fuel and detonate it in Times Square. Our water supply is vulnerable, power plants (lots of natural gas there). There is no need to get exotic. Scary to think about. All of the candidates were debating the balance between individual freedom and national security requirements the other night. I lean Libertarian, but in todays world I think we need to let the FBI and NSA do their jobs,even though I hate saying it.
ttatgenhorst

Re: Question I would like to ask Trump

Postby ttatgenhorst » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:06 pm

ttatgenhorst wrote:The Chinese have already answered this question in reverse. Following some of the recent national security breakdowns, i.e. Snowden, and U.S. spying revelations by the NSA, the Chinese sharply curtailed purchases of U.S. technology. They were concerned about the U.S. imbedding some code in Cisco"s switches. Haven't read anything recently, but I know that Cisco took a major hit a year or two ago. The fact remains that our society is extremely vulnerable to attack. We all saw the chaos a San Bernadino health inspector and his wife could cause. If it was me, I would hijack a gasoline tanker with 10,000 gallons of fuel and detonate it in Times Square. Our water supply is vulnerable, power plants (lots of natural gas there). There is no need to get exotic. Scary to think about. All of the candidates were debating the balance between individual freedom and national security requirements the other night. I lean Libertarian, but in todays world I think we need to let the FBI and NSA do their jobs,even though I hate saying it.
ttatgenhorst wrote:The Chinese have already answered this question in reverse. Following some of the recent national security breakdowns, i.e. Snowden, and U.S. spying revelations by the NSA, the Chinese sharply curtailed purchases of U.S. technology. They were concerned about the U.S. imbedding some code in Cisco"s switches. Haven't read anything recently, but I know that Cisco took a major hit a year or two ago. The fact remains that our society is extremely vulnerable to attack. We all saw the chaos a San Bernadino health inspector and his wife could cause. If it was me, I would hijack a gasoline tanker with 10,000 gallons of fuel and detonate it in Times Square. Our water supply is vulnerable, power plants (lots of natural gas there). There is no need to get exotic. Scary to think about. All of the candidates were debating the balance between individual freedom and national security requirements the other night. I lean Libertarian, but in todays world I think we need to let the FBI and NSA do their jobs,even though I hate saying it.
ttatgenhorst

Return to Politics