Valuing your Supplemental Pension

This is the place to talk about pension related issues.

Re: Valuing your Supplemental Pension

Postby rhalbon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 pm

I just received my answer from Avaya regarding the calculation of my Non Qualified Supplemental Pension, via email. It supposedly has also be sent by US Mail. There are no attachments included in the email for the interest rate tables or the mortality tables as stated in the email, but they may still be coming in the US Mail.

The calculations do not include the 50% Joint and Survivor and Pop Up Annuity for the NQ Supplemental Pension, nor any mention of that payment. I see that PBGC will cover that, but has anyone else been able to figure how that is handled in the NQ calculation? I have also sent this back to Prime Clerk for an answer.

Bob Albon
rhalbon

Postby dmassoni » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:29 pm

I also received notification today via email from Eric Koza, Chief Restructuring Officer so no attachments are available as of yet.

However, the calculation for my "Allowed General Unsecured Claim" is very basic and includes:

Present Value = Monthly Benefit * 12 * Annuity Factor

The Annuity Factor is derived through a predetermined Interest Rate Table (https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/mi ... ment-rates) and the previously provided Mortality Table (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-16-50.pdf).

I will wait until I receive the USPS copy of the correspondence before deciding if this response answered my question. But for now, I don't think it did.
dmassoni

Postby NuclearWinter32 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 am

Hey, if that happens and you still need a wheels, you should go with rental car like Honolulu car rental
to be as mobile as you want. It's getting more and more popular among both locals and tourists, you should consider it as a solid offer. Cab is no good nor a public transportation.
NuclearWinter32

Previous

Return to Pension