United Healthcare Advantage Plan

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Re: United Healthcare Advantage Plan

Postby Wirefence » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:45 pm

The plan rates for F and G etc I believe are set by medicare as is the coverage. Unless you have a pre-existing condition that makes for an exception, then $600 a month sounds way too high. My wife and I are both covered under Plan F she through UHC and I through BC/BS. We have never had an out of pocket. My friend is under Plan F, has had major two heart surgeries at DeBakey including a Careflite from Dallas to Houston, emergency surgery while in Colorado, and just spent a week at Mayo Clinic for extensive diagnostics. To date he has paid nothing. Another friend has UHC Advantage, lives in East Texas and suffered a cardiac incident. His co-pays and out of pocket exceed $10,000. In patient rehab was not approved but an therapist was allowed for ten in-home visits to supervise his exercises. You get what you pay for.
Wirefence

Re: United Healthcare Advantage Plan

Postby ragdmg » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:25 pm

To confirm, Plan F = Plan G + deductible. Coverage is set by Medicare but prices vary all over the map based on your location, age, gender, tobacco use, how you're rated (see below), and the insurer. In my case, the range of costs for Plan F is $157-$464.

Suggestion to start at https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-other-insurance/whats-medicare-supplement-insurance-medigap/medigap-costs and then go to 'Find a Medigap Policy' near the bottom of the page. Depending where you live, you may see a plethora of policies. You will notice there are various schemes used to price the policies such as Community-rated (also called “no age-rated”), Issue-age-rated (also called “entry age-rated”), or Attained-age-rated. After you enter your location, age, etc., you will see more details about these options.
ragdmg

Previous

Return to Healthcare