Anyone have the HCTC vendor # for Kaiser

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Anyone have the HCTC vendor # for Kaiser

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:30 pm

I was looking at the IRS form 13441-A (attached below).

It looks like the only thing we need to sign up for the tax credit is the HCTC vendor number that is assigned to the insurance company.The form does not ask for proof from the PBGC that they have taken over the pension.

If the IRS does ask for it I will give them the information that was posted on the PBGC website on 12/15 (see attached).

I have Kaiser Perm. for my insurance.

Does anyone have the KP vendor number? I am going to call KP next week to try and get it but thought I would ask to see if anyone has already got it.
Attachments
PBGC_Letter.pdf
(75.4 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
IRS FORM.pdf
(97.92 KiB) Downloaded 768 times
Dave

Re: Here's the HCTC Vendor Number (area code 303 only)

Postby JohnSwanson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm

I called KP and, as I expected, the woman who took my call didn't know anything about the HCTC!
She called her supervisor and learned that this is KP's HCTC Vendor Number: 94-1105628

After I posted this vendor number, it occurred to me that KP might have a unique vendor number
for each region that it does business in. So I performed some Google searches and it looks like
my suspicion is valid! Therefore, if you live outside of area code 303, your KP branch will have
a different Vendor Number!

Last Friday, my ancient clothes washer stopped working and the matching dryer doesn't sound healthy!
So I had to spend nearly $1300 on new appliances! In eleven months, the money that I save due
to the HCTC will pay for my new washer and dryer.

See how easy it is to spend the money that you save on one expense for something unexpected!

John
Last edited by JohnSwanson on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnSwanson

Re: Anyone have the HCTC vendor # for Kaiser

Postby tomindenver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Thanks for the vendor number. I am with Kaiser in CO also and will need that when I register for advance payments with the IRS after PBGC sends me the official letter saying they will be paying my pension. Hopefully, PBGC will start paying our pensions in February so you can truly get 11 months of HCTC to pay for your washer. Good Luck!
tomindenver

Postby financegrunt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:40 pm

As you know, Avaya filed for Chapter 11 protection last January and is now emerging from bankruptcy. Avaya asked the bankruptcy court to allow it to end its pension plan for salaried employees. That motion was granted by the court and termination of the salaried pension plan went into effect on November 30, 2017.

The PBGC is now fully responsible to pay the pension benefits earned by retirees of Avaya’s salaried pension plan, up to the legal limits. As such, retirees have continued to receive monthly benefits without interruption. In order to facilitate this process in transition, the PBGC is using the Avaya payment system on an interim basis. I note this monthly payment nuance because Avaya is no longer responsible for the salaried pension plan although a deposit advice/notice as received by a retiree would appear to indicate that Avaya was still managing/responsible for the plan.
financegrunt

Postby Olivia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Does anyone have the HCTC Vendor Number for AvMed ?
Olivia

Postby tomindenver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 am

If PBGC is paying our pensions using the Avaya payment system, I wonder if the 1099-R we get for 2018 tax year will reflect that? If yes, then my guess is that would be justification to qualify for HCTC starting in January. And why haven't they notified us individually that they are paying us? Some have said they are now receiving paper copies of the pension payment, but there is no evidence on it indicating it is coming from PBGC. I have not received a paper copy yet.

I am considering taking the HRA funding until it runs out, and then apply for HCTC in the months after that, even if PBGC is paying already. Hard to know how to proceed, however, for me anyway.
tomindenver

Re: Anyone have the HCTC vendor # for AvMed?

Postby Olivia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Does anyone have the HCTC vendor # for AvMed?
Olivia

Re: I'm certain that the PBGC isn't paying my pension yet

Postby JohnSwanson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Like many people on this message board, last year I received a letter from Avaya stating that the Avaya
pension plan was going to be terminated on Nov 30, 2017 and that the PBGC would take over paying my
pension. However, since I haven't received anything about this from the PBGC, I've been assuming that
the transition is taking longer than Avaya thought. After all, the PBGC is a Federal agency and the U.S.
government doesn't work this fast! :D

I found this on the PBGC's website and it supports my belief that Avaya is still paying my pension:
After we have completed our review of all plan data and records, we will notify you in writing of your PBGC
benefit and your right to appeal our determination. If you are receiving an estimated benefit, the letter will
inform you whether your future payments will change and, if so, how much higher or lower they will be than
the amount you are currently receiving.

Like I wrote earlier, I need to wait until the PBGC takes-over paying my pension before I apply for my HCTC.
I'd like this to happen quickly so that I can start saving $120/mo!
JohnSwanson

Re: Here's the HCTC Vendor Number (area code 303 only)

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

JohnSwanson wrote:I called KP and, as I expected, the woman who took my call didn't know anything about the HCTC!
She called her supervisor and learned that this is KP's HCTC Vendor Number: 94-1105628

After I posted this vendor number, it occurred to me that KP might have a unique vendor number
for each region that it does business in. So I performed some Google searches and it looks like
my suspicion is valid! Therefore, if you live outside of area code 303, your KP branch will have
a different Vendor Number!

Last Friday, my ancient clothes washer stopped working and the matching dryer doesn't sound healthy!
So I had to spend nearly $1300 on new appliances! In eleven months, the money that I save due
to the HCTC will pay for my new washer and dryer.

See how easy it is to spend the money that you save on one expense for something unexpected!

John

John:

Could you send them an email and get something in writing with that number?

Every time I contact them they say they do not support the HCTC and therefore have no vendor number.

Thanks

Dave
Dave

Return to Healthcare