Big ACA insurance premium jump offset by increased subsidy

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Re: Big ACA insurance premium jump offset by increased subsi

Postby ckatz01 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Whoops---- one clarifier. Per my earlier post, yes plans should be the same price if on or off the exchange. That's the starter! Of course, if you're eligible for an ACA subsidy, then yes, your plan will be a different price. Sorry for any confusion.
ckatz01

Re: You should stick with your ACA policy!

Postby JohnSwanson » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm

ckatz01 wrote:However, assuming this all happens and they pay, if you purchased your plan via the exchange/ACA
you will not be eligible for the PBGC payment. Changing a plan in 2018 is very difficult, e.g., minimal number of life
changing events. This has been explained on this board and is easily researched. If your plan is an exchange plan I
think your done for 2018. Hope I'm understanding the situation correctly.

I don't understand what you don't understand! Here in Colorado, we can cancel our ACA health insurance for any reason.
Here's a link that describes the procedure: http://connectforhealthco.com/how-do-i- ... overage-3/
Since I'm not going to purchase another ACA policy, it's irrelevant that I'm canceling my coverage without having a
Life Change Event! Do you understand this?

ckatz01, if you don't understand the procedure for canceling your ACA coverage and starting new coverage using the
HCTC,it might be better for you to stick with your ACA policy through the end of 2018 and then switch to the HCTC
for 2019. This is my last reply on this subject!
JohnSwanson

Re: Big ACA insurance premium jump offset by increased subsi

Postby ckatz01 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Per the caveat in my post, "hope I'm understanding the situation correctly", apparently I didn't. I don't live in Colorado. In NC you can't cancel your plan. (I'm set-- purchased direct.) As posts reach retirees in virtually all states, it's clear we all need to be careful and not infer what works one place will be the case elsewhere. No need to reply. No more exclamations required. Have a happy new year.
ckatz01

Previous

Return to Healthcare