OneExchange HRA for 2018

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

OneExchange HRA for 2018

Postby tfelix » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:08 pm

I was contacted by phone by Towers Perrin One Exchange today. They say that I will be eligible for the HRA money from Avaya in 2018. Has anyone else gotten a call or letter about this?
tfelix

Re: OneExchange HRA for 2018

Postby pbodwell » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:36 pm

No, but I have been wondering if we would get the same amount this year. The insurance I chose for this year will not be available for next year so I have to do this all over again It took me hours and hours or stress to get a plan last year. Here's hoping this year it will be better.
pbodwell

Postby Wooddj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 pm

No I have not but I am also on Medicare now due to health.
Wooddj

Postby tfelix » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:05 pm

I should have explained that One Exchange was calling me to try to sell me Medicare Supplemental Insurance (since I will be going on Medicare in Jan, 2018). During that conversation is when I discovered that One Exchange thinks Avaya will be providing me HRA dollars in 2018. The same amount as in 2017.
tfelix

Postby daglover » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm

I was concerned about the HRA as I have heard nothing from either Avaya or One Exchange. I contacted One Exchange and was told that the HRA continues into 2018 as does your coverage. They were aware of the chapter 11 but said Avaya has not sent any announcements of changes. Has anyone heard anything on this????
daglover

Postby tomindenver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Today I received a call by James Wilson, a Licensed Benefit Advisor at OneExchange, who told me the Avaya HRA funding will be available in 2018 in the same amounts as last year ($2500 per retiree).

This was in response to a call I made to OneExchange on 10/24/17 when I asked whether the HRA funding would be provided and whether OneExchange would help Avaya retirees with using/understanding the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC). I called again on 10/31/2017 to get status. Not satisfied with the standard answer up to now (that I would be eligible as I was last year), I asked for a supervisor and spoke to MaryAnne Carrol. I explained how Avaya was in bankruptcy and retirees are concerned that the funding would not be available. I also explained what I knew about HCTC. She agreed to escalate to OneExchange senior management who would contact Avaya. OneExchange finally received Avaya's response, and on today's call I was provided the details of the response which are:

1. Avaya's bankruptcy has had no effect on retiree or health benefits.

2. During the bankruptcy court proceedings the retiree health benefits were not adjusted in any way.

3. As a result of a lawsuit with a union that Avaya lost earlier this year, Avaya is not free to change HRA funding and has no plans to change HRA funding in the foreseeable future.

Regarding HCTC, OneExchange does not currently view this in the scope of their responsibility to help Avaya retirees with health plan enrollment and HRA funding administration. I requested they consider adding consultation services for HCTC as that would be very helpful to retirees. James said he would bring it up to management, but I think it is a long shot that they would take that on.

Please understand this information was communicated to me verbally (OneExchange will not put it in writing) so I am providing it here based on my notes from the call.

TomInDenver
tomindenver

Postby alandavidmatz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 am

Hello - Does anyone have any information at all regarding the Retiree HRA Funding for the Year 2018 on OneExchange?

Please reply if you know anything - I have not heard one word about the HRA Funding, and - the enrollment period deadline is approaching!
alandavidmatz

Re: HCTC for 2018

Postby alandavidmatz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello - Does anyone have any information at all regarding whether or not the Health Care Tax Credit will be in effect for the Year 2018?
Thank you for any information at all.
Dave
alandavidmatz

Postby daglover » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

I have contacted One Exchange who sent me to Ayaya who tried to send me back to One Exchange.....have an open ticket with a one week return call promise from 2 weeks ago......the help lines are no help......did receive the paper work for automatic payment of the HRA......so fingers crossed that it's good for 2018
daglover

Postby vernlarson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

HRA account Funding, Avaya has made the deposits for 2018. You have to make any changes before December 7, 2017.
You better hurry. Regards, Vern Larson
vernlarson

Next

Return to Healthcare