One Exchange reimbursement problems

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

One Exchange reimbursement problems

Postby W. P. Schreiber » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:51 pm

If you think you had a difficult time registering for a health plan through One Exchange, wait till you try to get reimbursed for the plan after you pay the premiums. They will find any excuse to delay payment from YOUR fund, and change the rules each time you call. I've faxed my form and receipts at least four times, adding more information and receipts each time, and they have been denied, lost, or ignored each time. When I finally get through on their "help desk", the story changes, and they need even more "proof" than the last time. They have actually insisted that I send them all my Visa credit card statements from the last three months, even after I told them I paid by check, and sent copies of the checks with all the other proof. Bear in mind that this is for a health care plan, BC/BS, and a prescription plan , Wellcare, that they suggested and SOLD ME after an exhaustive telephone interview. I did EVERYTHING through One Exchange exactly as directed by them and Avaya, and now I am being treated like a criminal. There are NO second level supervisors to speak to, no recourse, no where to go, and NO escalation process.
I am convinced that they , One Exchange, are hoping that I will eventually get so disgusted that I will just GO AWAY, so they can keep my reimbursement funds that Avaya has given them, but then again, they have never met me!!!!
W. P. Schreiber

Re: One Exchange reimbursement problems

Postby tmoneil » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:17 am

On the other hand, I had no problems filing my HRA docs. I scanned the BC/BS statements into PDF files showing I pad $xxx and uploaded them to their site. Got an email response that they received it and then another showing the check was in the mail. 2016 was a trying year but 2017 has been fine so far. Maybe the "represented" versus the "management" filings are different somehow. I am management.
tmoneil

Postby gakush » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:55 pm

I just received my first reimbursement check from "One Exchange", except it was through "PayFlex Systems USA, Inc. I have experienced issues with PayFlex Systems in the past, (different employer) and they do ask for a lot of documents before they pay out. This was partly because of very early-on issues with fraudulent claims and the government cracking down on health reimbursement companies. I was surprised to see "Payflex Systems" name on my check. I would advise anyone to hold on to ALL documents for a couple of years. I had to provide over a year's worth of records to them, or lose my coverage. My current check from them was initiated as a auto-payment for my insurance premium. I am a represented employee.
gakush

Postby vchenu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:05 pm

I have been trying to get the money back from One Exchange since Aug. I have repeatedly sent them the requested info and it is never received/cant be read you name it they have an excuse. I now think it has to due to the bankruptcy and they dont want to pay anything.
vchenu

Postby gmregister » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Sorry to hear of the difficulty with reimbursement. In 2016, I received prompt reimbursement using the website (https://www.oneexchange.com/avaya ) and receipts that I scanned in to PDFs. If it helps, I did the following after logging in:
Click on MY HOUSEHOLD at the very top center of page.
A Drop-Down Menu appears. Click on: FUNDS & REIMBURSEMENTS
Click on MANAGE ACCOUNT.
Towards the bottom of the page, click on FILE A CLAIM

I am not sure but it might still be possible to file a claim for 2016 expenses. Best of luck.
gmregister

Postby W. P. Schreiber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Filing a claim is NOT the problem, in fact , it's actually quite simple; getting them to PAY the claim is the impossible part. After finally connecting with an advisor who swore to me that he had gone over everyone's head to get my claim paid, and "the check was in the mail" ten days ago, I received yet another denial in todays mail. Remember, this is a company that wants three months of my credit card statements even after I proved I paid by check, sent them carbon copies, and my PAID statement from BC/BS clearly shows MY check numbers. At this point, short of hiring a lawyer and spending more than I'm owed, I'm temporarily at a loss as to what to do next.
W. P. Schreiber

Return to Healthcare