Retiree Health Coverage Payments

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Re: Retiree Health Coverage Payments

Postby tlarison » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 am

I received the medicare enrollment booklet in the mail yesterday, too. I'm too young for medicare so I called this morning. After being transferred I was told I would receive information about medical plan options for non-medicare retirees soon, and I was encouraged to setup a phone appointment with a benefits advisor. I did setup an appointment for mid-november (they had november 10th and after available for appointments as of this morning). They gave me a phone # to call on that date.
tlarison

Postby rabrin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

Sal.Ret.Letter 2015.docx
(93.71 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
I have attached the letter that was sent out to Salary Retirees that are not on Medicare. I found it on a Yahoo Group for Avaya folks. It does have the details of conference calls that are available and that that yes Salary Retirees will lose their old benefits the end of the year. Interesting that nowhere in the letter does it say the details only apply to Salary Retirees with the exception of the name of the file. Seems like that would be an important item since there are multiple paths for Salary v Non-Salary and Medicare eligible and not.

Hope this is another piece of the puzzle that may help
rabrin

Postby Slay827 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:32 am

It doesn't say anything in the recent letter about dependents coverage...just self and spouse?????
Slay827

Postby rabrin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:37 pm

I have been monitoring the Avaya Retirees group on Yahoo on this subject. A very interesting post was put up this evening from a former colleague of mine It follows.

All,

Today I exchanged email with someone in Global Benefits. I made them aware that, based on a letter posted on the retiree forum, there was a call this morning with no one from Avaya or OneExchange present. I also mentioned that many retirees had received a brochure about Medicare benefits from OneExchange.

Here is the response
"We are certainly aware of this issue and OneExchange is sending outbound calls as we speak. While Avaya is making changes to the Salaried Retiree plan the package you received was absolutely in error and you will be receiving a new package between today and the next couple of days."

I called her and there is a lot of finger pointing about who was responsible for sending out the wrong brochure. We will be getting a new brochure and there is a call scheduled for next week. So, watch your mail.
rabrin

Postby daglover » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:13 pm

This was posted on the CWA website yesterday.

You may be receiving calls from Retirees, in reference to a letter they have received from Avaya, about changes to their benefits. Our office is aware of the letter and is planning to discuss this with Avaya in an attempt to clear up concerns many of our Retirees may have. The letter is vague and does not offer many details. Many of the Retirees’ concern is that they may be losing their benefits - this is not the case. Their benefits will no longer be covered under the group medical plan. Instead, the Company plans to fund HRA accounts to cover healthcare. Per Avaya, specific details about how this will work will not be available until late summer of 2016.

Should you receive a call from a Retiree who would like to express further concerns, please refer them to Theresa Douglas, CWA National Healthcare Coordinator for Avaya, at (404) 438-1613, trdouglas@avaya.com or douglast33@hotmail.com.

got this from an active coworker today
daglover

Postby JoAnnA » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:13 pm

I called Avaya Healthy Decisions today, to get access to ADP healthy decisions. I explained that I was retired salaried and that I had not received my benefit package. I was told that I WOULD be receiving info saying they are NOT covering pre-65'ers as of 1/1/16. Not surprised ........they DID say they would "TRY " to continue to cover us pre-Medicare. I REEEEAAAALLLYYY believed them, too!!!! (NOT!!!)

Info I received is: logon to oneexchange.com/avaya For more details.

Call: 844-669-3681 for info.

Before you call: Have a list of your Doctors and their addresses

Have a list of your medications with dosage (MG, etc.)

This will make your appointment after Nov 2 quicker.

We MAY call before any scheduled appointment.

Good Luck!

Thank you, President Obama.....since many of us have pre-existing conditions!
JoAnnA

Postby psoditch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:19 pm

This is SO outrageous............

CLASS ACTION is in order............................
psoditch

Postby Slay827 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 am

I was a represented employee...It says next year we will have to make a decision on healthcare...I see that it has options for self and spouse but no option for self spouse and other dependants...Does anyone know the story on this..I have three dependants
Slay827

Postby mjpugh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm

I would like to confirm Avaya Health Care coverage for retired salaried employees. It is my understanding that once you reach age 65, Avaya no longer provides any healthcare reimbursement. You are expected to be on medicare and Avaya pays nothing. Is that true?
mjpugh

Postby pbodwell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 am

For me Avaya health coverage would terminate at 65 but at the time of retirement you could sign up for the current health insurance to continue as yoru supplemental insurance up to $250,000 per year. We have been given an HRA in replacemen tof that so basically we haven't "lost" health care yet. Also, didn't the reorganization announcement that just came out say they intended to keep the pension plan and also the death benefits? Did I read that right? If so, I'm still confused on what I would be filing for since we haven't lost either the health care or the death benefit yet. How do we file for "potential" loss? My friend and I are discussing the large print on the form that talks about being fined for fraudulent statements. How can we file for something we haven't lost yet? Thans
pbodwell

PreviousNext

Return to Healthcare