Retiree Health Coverage Payments

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

Retiree Health Coverage Payments

Postby davaya » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:51 am

Have any other under 65 retirees recieved an email stating that their recurring payment for health coverage has been stopped?
davaya

Re: Retiree Health Coverage Payments

Postby wjblazek » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:53 am

Yes I got it too and called to ask why.
They said they are moving to a new payment system and
that we should be getting info about it soon.
The person I talked to actually said "It's in the mail" but
I have not received it yet.
I asked if our existing automatic payments will be automatically moved to the new system
and they said no, we will have to set it up again.
Of course.
wjblazek

Postby buzzcat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:23 am

Oh thank gawd! I have had so much trouble with the existing payment system that I'm currently mailing in paper checks each month.
buzzcat

Postby wjblazek » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I may use this opportunity to go back to doing that, US Mailing paper checks.
I'll have to see what the details are about the new system.
The current automatic payment system deducts payments 1.5 months early!
So the payment for June is actually deducted from my account in mid April, not May!
Where as if you pay by check, June's payment isn't considered "late" till the end of June or later!
If that is the way the new system is going to work, I'll just start US Mailing my checks.
wjblazek

Postby davaya » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks. I just received information in the mail about a new website to replace AvayaHealthyDecisions.com. It's called Avaya Benefits Online (https://mybenefits.adp.com). I registered for the new site but there is no information there regarding health care payments.
davaya

Postby waynedensmore » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am

Just talked to them. got one signup form for the benefits info, which does not include payment of health insurance. Since my usual automatic payment on the 22nd did not show up for June, I called and asked about it also. They indicated that the payment site also changed, and a notice should arrive mid July with signup info. She stressed that there is a 60 day payment window for late payments.

Despite their assurances, I'd pay by check for June, but have not found any payment address info, still have to look. We are moving and a lot of stuff is packed away.
waynedensmore

Postby daglover » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Today I received a letter for represented retirees stating that Jan of 2017 we well be dropped from the Avaya health plan and be pushed to an exchange to buy our own health coverage. "OneExhange" which is where GE retirees were sent.....very poor choices at very out of line prices...... They are offering HRA $2200 for a single retiree or $4000 for a couple....what ever good that well do.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AcfakLuhQ
daglover

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:46 pm

I am not surprised. I would expect all retirees who are getting health benefits from Avaya to be notified.

Doesn't affect me because I dumped AvayaCare a couple of years ago.
Dave

Postby rabrin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 pm

These exchange sites are likely to be the way of the future and as the GE video suggests some of them have some high prices. But don't discount the HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) that is being offered. The HRA is basically free money to pay for Health Care Premiums and/or actual costs through the year. The premiums for Health and Rx and can be paid and within a couple days can be reimbursed back. The actual cost of the insurance is minimized. Do the math and it may be the best bet to go with the exchange that has the HRA attached. If you do not use the Avaya exchange you will not get the HRA money.
rabrin

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:43 pm

I heard on another site that retiree health care benefits for people under 65 will be eliminated on 1/1/2016.

I think I remember reading that Avaya had something like $1 billion in health benefit reserves because they are self insured.

I am guessing that getting rid of retiree health care all together may allow some of this money to be transferred into the Avaya general fund.
Dave

Next

Return to Healthcare