You might now qualify for Obamacare

This is the place to talk about all healthcare related items.

You might now qualify for Obamacare

Postby Administrator » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:01 pm

In case the HCTC does not get renewed you might want to see if you qualify under Obamacare.

It appears the Biden IRA bill increased the amount of income you can have and get subsidized healthcare.

In Colorado you can go to https://connectforhealthco.com and answer a few simple questions to see if you qualify and if so how much you will get.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: You might now qualify for Obamacare

Postby tja5577 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:14 pm

I thought Obamacare or ACA (Affordable Care Act) plans were different from regular individual health care plans. According to the IRS, you are not eligible for HCTC if you have an Obamacare (ACA) plan. This is the reason I always sign up for a regular individual health care plan. Since I didn't sign up for an Obamacare (ACA) plan in 2022, I don't think I can claim Obamacare retroactively if HCTC doesn't get renewed. Please let me know if I am wrong.
tja5577

2023 Funding Bill - HCTC more

Postby vernlarson » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am

Appropriations Funding Act 2023.PDF
(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 261 times

Great news / Bad news:

See.

NRLN’s Pension Recoupment (pg 2213), Section 420 Surplus (pg 2382), and AFN (Pensions “Annual Funding Notices”) (pg 2333) included in H.R. 2616, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 attached!

Unfortunately, the HCTC and Susan Muffley provisions did not make it – we will do whatever we have to do to follow up, learn why and to regroup and try harder.

While the AFN revisions we proposed are in the bill, it also contains a proviso (Contains a conditional stipulation) that AFN issues will also be studied more.

Vern Larson - NRLN Avaya Chapter
vernlarson

Return to Healthcare