MetLife Life Insurance Dumped

This is the area to talk about whatever is on your mind.

MetLife Life Insurance Dumped

Postby ConGon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 am

I am so disappointed in Avaya....as a past employee I have continued my premiums to keep my life insurance for more than 10 years. 2015 reveals that Avaya has removed all previous employees from continued participation in the plan which makes my premium increase by four times the original amount. I cancel and get nothing AND lose my life insurance. Thanks Avaya....while your CEO is taking trips around the world and stock is climbing up you dump those who were there at the beginning. What a legacy. #AvayaDisappointsAgain
ConGon

Re: MetLife Life Insurance Dumped

Postby tpcannon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:33 am

I haven't seen a letter to that effect. Did you just receive it? If you were paying a premium, you're obviously talking about supplementary life. Did they also drop the standard life insurance?

As far as Avaya goes as a company, I wrote them off as dead when they went private and were purchase by a "private equity" company. Those firms, by their very nature, do not run businesses for any other reason than to see how many dollars they can extract from it. Sometimes they'll try to flip them, but they'll be in such a damaged condition, they're unlikely to ever recover.
tpcannon

Postby Taz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:46 am

@GonCon
I hate to have to say this but the sooner we realize that "...it's a big club and we ain't in it", the better. Props to George Carlin for recognizing this years ago. And until we start supporting NRLN, AARP, #Occupy movement, things like this will keep on happening.
Taz

Postby daglover » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:49 pm

My premium went from $110/month to $190......I called to chat...was told that reaching the year in which I turn 65 triggered the increase and that they can increase every five years. (5 years ago I was paying $77/month) I was given the option to decrease the payout of 120,000 to what ever I chose. I changed to $20,000 for $28/month.
This compares very well with other policies .... AARP offered $25,000 for $70/month. It sucks to get older, but it beats the alternative.
daglover

Return to Just Chatting